Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring has Sprung..."Spring Cleaning"

Oftentimes, we allow life to overtake us and we neglect what needs to be done. Thus, we always hear about people doing "spring cleaning". Throughout the winter we allow things to pile up. We push things in closets and under the bed. We cause everything we choose not to deal with to be tucked nicely in that secret hiding place rather than figure out: do we need it, do we want it, or do we need to get rid of it.

As we do this with material items, we also do this with the emotional baggage of our lives. We keep shifting, tucking, hiding and compartmentalizing things until we decide to "spring clean". I guess I have done the tucking and hiding as I have moved through the winters of my life. I have chosen what I will not confront instead to compartmentalize it until an opportune time.

The opportune time has now presented itself. It is time to dust off the notebooks of goals and dreams, unpack the boxes of thoughts and prayers, and spring forward re-entering "my" life. I am 2 months away from my 35th birthday. I am finally at the place where I feel like I am exiting the winter and entering into the spring of my life.

During this re-awakening, I invite you to this journey. As I prepare for the big 35, I am opening up about my new journey. This is the journey towards dropping 20 pounds to be a healthier person. A journey of starting a church. A journey of the living the best life I can for me. My blog will chronicle this journey - the ups, downs and the in between. It is my prayer that as I open up and share it with the world, it will help someone else to open up, clear out the clutter, and live the life that God has designed for them.

Happy Spring Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment