Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Power of Praying Women: Defying the Odds

It has been repeatedly stated that women cannot work together, play together or really be friends. Somehow it seems the claws come out and for one reason or another, the relationship seems to suffer. I must admit at one time in my life I used to support this notion. As a result, I would not make very many female friends because I did not want to deal with the drama. I guess that is why I had the same two best friends since the eighth grade. I loved having a male best friend because I did not have the drama associated with the competitiveness of women.

The tides would change when I went to seminary. I guess one thing is invaluable – relationships with praying women. Whether it was the struggles of classes, making sense of ministry, dealing with a broken relationship, or just a bad day, the praying women in my life have made all of the difference. Now that I have graduated from seminary, God has continued the relationships with my circle of praying sisters and it has grown. At a time when it is really needed in my life, I appreciate the wealth of wisdom, the encouragement, and the challenge that I receive from my praying Sistah friends.

I am thankful that God has aligned our paths during this particular point on the journey. I am thankful that I can send an email or make a phone call and they know just what to do. I really do know that it is possible to defy the odds and the stereotypes associated with women as friends. The key to its success is the ability to put God first, let God join together and know that prayer will make the impossible possible.

Keep Praying Ladies! I’m praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment